Little Titans Krav Maga – Kids Krav Maga Bristol, martial arts for children Ages 7 to 11
“So that one may walk in Peace” – Imi Lichtenfield
Fridays @5pm in the Ministry of Fitness, Kingswood, Bristol
Unfortunately due to the popularity of our class we are unable to take drop in students. Bookings are by appointment only.
The Little Titans is the first Krav Maga school for children in Bristol, an offshoot of our Parent club the Bristol Titans. We first began teaching children in 2013 as we wanted our own kids to have somewhere they could go to learn a realistic and modern self defence system. We didnt want our kids learning a traditional martial art as they rarely reflect todays modern issues and we didnt want them learning a sport as often in the case of sport the goal is to dominate your opponent, something I didn’t want my (then 4 year old to be pushed towards.
Instead we wanted a system which would teach all the foundations of the best sports (boxing, muay thai, BJJ) and which had all the discipline of a traditional martial art but didnt promote or encourage unnecessary violence, instead having an emphasis on avoidance, escape or negotiation.
And so on this basis, we founded the Little Titans.
THE LITTLE TITANS
Krav Maga Kids classes cover the same tools and drills used by professional fighters. This fast-moving class features a combination of fitness and pad work drills combined to develop speed, endurance, agility and mobility.
Kids classes feature:
- Focus pad training – stand up striking, how to use punches, kicks, knees and elbows. How to block and how to move.
- Thai Pad training – how to use the clinch as a defensive and attacking tool, the thai pads are also great for developing power
- Using our MMA background we train using the most modern practices and methodology to develop power, speed, endurance and explosiveness
- Mobility work – to develop range of movement
- Our groundfighting system in Krav Maga is designed for the street, so the student learns how to defend against strikes on the ground
Please arrive to the class ten minutes early so that our instructors are able to introduce themselves to you and your child.
Beginners are most welcome. No experience is required.
Head Instructor Jim Halton
Jim is the head instructor and founder of the Bristol Titans since 2010 is a black belt martial artist, a Licensed Bodyguard and a Graduate 5 in Krav Maga, one of the highest level instructors in the British Krav Maga Association.
Assistant Instructor Carly Halton
Carly began teaching at the Little Titans in 2013 and is one of the highest ranking Krav Maga practitioners in the UK
Assistant Instructor Marcus Wittcomb
Marcus Wittcomb is a black belt kickboxer with 20 years experience in the martial arts and a Level 2 Practitioner of Krav Maga.